Project Engineer – Grassy Mountain Project
Benga Mining Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Riversdale Resources Limited, is proposing to develop a steelmaking coal mine in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada, referred to as the Grassy Mountain Project. We are currently in the permitting application phase of the project and are planning an open-cut mine, targeting 4.5 million tonnes of hard coking coal per year over a minimum 25-year mine life and 385 full-time positions.
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Engineer to join our growing team. The Project Engineer reports to the Project Director and will be responsible for ensuring the successful execution of our Grassy Mountain engineering projects. The Project Engineer’s immediate duties will include the coordination of the technical content of the bankable feasibility study and cost estimate.
The Project Engineer’s role will continue through the tendering, pre-construction, construction, commissioning, and project close-out periods.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the production of the bankable feasibility study
- Provide oversight and coordination of the capital cost estimate by the third-party estimating group
- Review status reports from various consultants and provide consolidated updates in the form of monthly reports, steering committee updates, and Board of Directors package assembly
- Provide technical support for resolution and tracking of project issues
- Assist in the assembly of scoping documents for procurement packages and instructions help coordinate clarifications
- Liaise and coordinate with Riversdale’s project technical disciplines
- Assist with preparation of bid packages and procurement
- Assist in the development of execution and other detailed plans
- Attend and actively participate in project meetings
- Define the scope of new projects, setting goals and participating in the development of project and construction execution plans
- Build strong, positive owner/consultant and owner/contractor relationships based on regular and clear communication
- Monitor resource requirements and coordinate staff input as required
- Ensure that change management processes are implemented and managed in accordance with project systems and procedures
- Assist with reconciliations to previous studies and strategies
- Assist in the development of ‘what-if’ analyses
- Assist the Safety, Health & Environment group in the development and preparation of project-related permits and provide technical support for follow-on clarifications and requests for information
- Professional Engineer registered in Canada and eligible for registration in Alberta
- Minimum 7 years of project engineering experience in large mining or oil and gas-related capital projects
- Contract administration experience and sound problem-solving skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Proficient computer skills, including; MS Office, AutoCAD (not required but considered an asset)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to perform duties in a fast-paced, interactive environment
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to assess information, problem-solve and make good decisions
Crowsnest Pass is a mountain community located two hours south of Calgary, Alberta. Crowsnest Pass has a population of 6000 and offers numerous services, including; a 24-hr emergency, acute and continuing care hospital, schools from kindergarten to grade 12, a sports complex, a championship golf course, major banks / credit union, restaurants and supermarkets. The area is famous for its spectacular mountain vistas and adventure tourism. It is a favorite destination for downhill and cross-country skiing, hiking, climbing, mountain biking, caving, fly fishing and hunting.
This is a full-time term position, expected to run a minimum of three years, dependent on construction progress. Qualified candidates are asked to create a profile and submit a cover letter and resumé online at http://www.rivresources.com/site/careers/employment-opportunities.
We appreciate that it takes time and effort to tailor a cover letter and resumé for a job application and will endeavor to respond to all applicants who do so.
Please note that prior to an offer of employment, all position-required credentials will be verified.